Every year, KidsRights awards this prestigious prize to a child who fights courageously for children’s rights. The winner receives the statuette “the Nkosi” and a study and care grant to enable him or her to obtain an education. Furthermore the International Children’s Peace Prize is accompanied by a project fund of € 100.000, which is invested by KidsRights in relevant children’s rights projects.
The prize also offers the winner a global platform to promote their work. The message of Sadat, the winner of 2020, reached 1.2 billion people all over the world! Will you help us find this year’s winner?
You can be nominated or nominate someone until April 22, 2021.
Who can be nominated?
A child between the age of 12 and 17 by the time of the nomination deadline;
- It is not possible to nominate yourself;
- Only an adult above the age of 18 can nominate the child;
- The child can be from any country in the world;
- The child must have a clear history of standing up and fighting for the rights of him/herself and other children;
- The child needs to be able to travel abroad and feel comfortable communicating with other people;
- The child agrees to being nominated for the International Children’s Peace Prize.
The powerful messages of all the nominees will be posted on our website and some of them will be posted on our social media platforms. That is why we need the authorization of parents/guardians to use their pictures and stories. With this we would like to reach and inspire as many people as possible and create a buzz for children’s rights! You can find the stories of the nominees from 2020 here.
If you have any questions or comments, please read the FAQ or contact us by replying to this email. Together we can change the world!